Invitation design can be a surprisingly subtle art form. Anytime you host an event, you will want to make sure that you have a flashy yet informative invitation, so people can know where your event will be located and what it entails. If you are trying to come up with a creative design but aren’t having much luck, pay attention to the following simple yet effective design tricks and tips:
- Sometimes, less is more. Don’t overcrowd your invitation with too many pictures or information. Provide essential details and don’t overdo it.
- Always choose complementary colour schemes that are pleasing on the eye to help give your invitation an aesthetically solid design.
- Don’t forget to use the same font throughout your invitation. Changing fonts looks sloppy and is confusing. Choose one font and stick to it.
Craft the Perfect Invitation
Even though invitation design has many nuances and aspects to consider, you can definitely craft an imaginative and eye-catching event invite with just a little preparation. First things first, you must include the name of the venue and directions on how to get there. Surprisingly, many invitations simply list the name of a venue without giving instruction on the proper route to go there. This design choice may save space, but it is imperative that you give your audience ample information on how to reach your venue. After all, you don’t want potential guests to get frustrated and not attend simply because they cannot find your venue. Next, include an RSVP option and perhaps even a phone number or email address that guests can contact should they have any issues or questions. Unfortunately, many people simply do not have time to create and send out invitations on their own. Luckily, there are trained professionals standing by that are ready to help.
Hire a Design Professional for Excellent Results
Hiring a professional designer is a great option for anybody that needs a little help imagining, making and distributing invitations or other documents for their event. Experts can listen to your ideas and give you several options for your invitation design, so you can decide which style fits your tastes the best. Furthermore, design specialists can help you with a number of other aspects involved in event hosting. For example, save the date cards are becoming ever more popular as a preliminary notification to the event. Likewise they can help you design and print programmes or stationary for your guests once they arrive at your event. Here are just a few more of the ways a designer can help:
- They can help you design a guest book for your attendees to sign.
- Designers can offer you a list of previously satisfied clients, so you know you will be working with a professional.
- Expert designers can also help you craft thank you cards to send out to your guests once the event is over.
Planning and hosting events isn’t always easy, but that doesn’t mean invitation design needs to be difficult as well. With a professional invitation designer by your side, you know that your event will stand apart and leave a lasting impression.